Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Thursday, December 6, 2012
...just some things I wish people told me.
- Trusting a man with racing stripes on his car is like trusting a phedo with your baby.
- One of my biggest fears to date is walking infront a group of people and them thinking to themselves "Damn, that's the worst ass I've ever seen." #asiangirlproblems
- If you want to get anywhere in life you've got to use THERE, THEIR, AND THEY'RE properly.
- You know you're getting older when you truly begin to appreciate Times New Roman.
- You're just as interesting as your social media posts... make it count love.
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
...to effectively MOVE ON.
The hardest part about getting over your ex is realizing that he/she doesn't like you the same way that you like them. The realization might be the first step, but it's the hardest step to take. While you may like the person, or you may even love them, if he/she doesn't feel the same, you can't force it- no matter how much you try to.
Step two for getting over your ex: get closure. If you're going to break up with them, don't put if off. Make sure you're both on the same page. This is a breakup, not a "break." The two of you are moving on, which obviously means seeing other people.
So, throw out their phone number, stop texting them and unfriend him/her on Facebook. Imagine how freaked out you'll be the first time you see some random hot bitch in his profile picture and you'll see why a clean break is essential.
GET RID OF ALL REMINDERS
That dopey-looking teddy bear you got for your birthday, the sappy love letters they wrote, the adorable pictures of the two of you -- chuck ’em. Throw it all away. With execptions of the finer things that you can sell. ;) But seriously... the sooner you get all that shit out of your house the sooner you’ll move on.
THINK OF THE BAD TIMES
THINK OF THE BAD TIMES
Some of us tend to dwell on the "good" times and that's what makes it really hard to actually move on. Instead of thinking of y'alls first magical kiss- Think about the time he got fat and wore that really tight vintage tee, and all the times you caught him checking himself out in a mirror, or the time you found that questionable stain in his boxers. See, don't you feel better already?
TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS
Your friends are there for a reason, to help you, support you, and pull you through this period. Plus who else can you count on to listen to you bitch and moan about your ex's odd-smelling genitals.
BE SMOKIN' HOT
Get into shape. Change your hairstyle. Purchase a brand new wardrobe. When you start to feel better, it'll be so much easier for you to date and attract new love in your life.
QUIT LISTENING TO ADELE
Although Adele is dope and I love her with all my heart... she's obviously been burned pretty bad by her ex. Her lyrics are waaaayyyy too relevent to every breakup scenario so turn that off. Don't even try. I'm serious- not even the disco remixes.
DATE SO MUCH AND FLIRT SO MUCH
You are finally free, honey- please use it to your advantage.
DO NEW THINGS
Go to new bars and hangouts. Travel to weird places. Quit hanging out with mutual friends. The worst thing that could happen is to run into each other and waking up to them without pants on. (biggest regret you'll have)
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
I don't remember the last time I was attracted to a guy who dressed like a piece of shit. I know that may sound shallow but every girl is thinking it and I'm just saying it. First impressions really are the most important. Which is the reason why I asked some my girlfriends what they thought was sexiest on a man... here's what they had to say.
the perfect denim
a well-tailored suit
the wrist watch
bold & funky prints
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
from one music lover to the next...
Monday, August 13, 2012
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
just some things I wish people told me.
- Date behind the camera, not infront of it.
- If you're over the age of 21 and your face is on a club promo flyer, you're doing something wrong.
- Never trust anyone who has a bunch of shit hanging from their rear view mirror.
- Just because I own a camera, doesn't mean I want to shoot you.
- What?!?! You still haven't "liked" THE HAUTE TOPIK on facebook? Not following on twitter or instagram!?!? I can't believe it! You're an asshole!